BRIEF OF THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Languages consists of three languages i.e. English, Hindi and Marathi. The department has been in existence since the very inception of the college. The students pursuing UG programmes are bound to opt for subjects like Compulsory English and Compulsory Hindi/Marathi in the first year. The department is committed to impart skills to the students of the science for the enhancement of their proficiency over languages.
GOALS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To make students of science aware about the necessity and importance of languages in career-building irrespective of their branch of education.
- To improve the communication skills of the students.
- To put optimum efforts to prepare the students language proficient.
- To encourage students to read more and more literature by which their language proficiency would be developed.
- To organize various co-curricular and extracurricular activities for the students.
- To celebrate different designated days meant for languages i.e. International Mother Language Day, Marathi Bhasha Divas and Hindi Divas.